The Burn Clinic provides follow-up care to patients who have been discharged from the Burn Center or who were evaluated on an outpatient basis and require ongoing care.
Services provided include:
- Wound evaluation
- Physical/occupational therapy
- Psychosocial care
- Patients receive education in pain management, wound care, and rehabilitation.
Burn Clinic Location
The Burn Clinic is located on the 4th floor of the Consolidated Tower (COTO) in the San Antonio Military Medical Center.
Burn Clinic Hours
Clinic hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Burn Center Staff
The Burn Center staff includes a team of surgical physician assistants, all specializing in various aspects of comprehensive burn care. The duties performed by this group of talented professionals encompass a wide range of skills and broad base of knowledge focused on caring for the patient with severe burns.
Physician assistants serve in all aspects of care provided at the Burn Center, including critical care, rehabilitation, wound care, and long-term reconstruction. Work environments include the Burn Intensive Care Unit, Progressive Care Ward, Burn Operating Room, and the Burn Outpatient Clinic.
Patient Initial Appointment
Patients being seen for the first time should arrive 20 minutes early to ensure that the necessary paperwork is completed.
Patients who were not initially treated at the Burn Center must:
- Have a physician-to-physician referral.
- Have the name of the accepting physician who works in the Burn Clinic (Physician's name should be on your referral paperwork).
- Should call the clinic to make or confirm appointments so that the staff can plan appropriately for their arrival. Contact information for the Burn Clinic can be found on the Contact Us page.